It may not be spectacular...but it promises to be hilarious!

It may not be spectacular...but it promises to be hilarious!

Sunday 23 March 2014

Yoga Skipping

We have had a rubbish week. It has been stressful and tiring, which has lead to both of us being, completely off course with the I.F. dieting and the exercise. 

Towards the end of the week, we were both feeling the pressure, myself more than Ben. 

I really struggle if anything disturbs my routines, I have a lot of them, like spinning plates, and a glitch means I smash plates. 

This week has been filled with that sort of plate smashing, stressfulness, and accompanied by exhaustion. 

Ben has had to come home from being away to help with the...clear up processes, and this has cost us time we both do not have. 

So I needed to get back into a routine, emotionally and physically, I have needed routine and I hope to lead by example, because I am currently seriously worrying about Ben.

Ben still hasn't started training, not even a walk to the shop. Our close friends are starting to worry that he may end up with a serious injury from Tough Mudder. I have asked Ben to speak to his brother about joining him, because I know that he is probably the only one that would help him through it and who would also keep him focused to get to the finish line. People get extreme strength mentally and physically when they need to and when a loved one is involved...Right? 

He believes he is mentally strong enough and has planned out a fitness regime... only, he is really cutting it fine. 

So over the weekend, now I am feeling a bit better, I have started doing yoga again, morning and night. I have also stuck to the I.F. diet and I am back to drinking green tea. 

While I did my morning workout and meditation...Ben spent his time searching for his pants and moaning that we were going to be late. (Which we were, a bit, but only because we forgot a birthday present and had to come home for it!) 


We then visited our friends, who made us all breakfast. At around 11.00hrs, we ate bacon butties. My I.F. eating window is 10.00hrs-18.00hrs, so Ben decided his could be the same for today...(I don't think that is how it works?) 

I ate one bacon buttie, drank a coffee and had a glass of orange juice. Ben ate FOUR bacon butties, had a few cups of espresso and a glass of orange juice...

We then went out for a meal to celebrate a birthday. Ben had talked about having a salad. I humoured this. I humour a lot. 

Once we were there, Ben orders a massive, family, combo starter, with a range of deep-fat fried treats such as, onion rings, chicken wings and breaded mushrooms, with garlic bread and a lonely lettuce leaf, which served as decoration alone, as no one bothered eating it, and it was nudged around the plate, then left to go back into the kitchen. 

I ate 2 onion rings and 2 garlic mushrooms. The rest is history but there was only the lettuce leaf left.

Ben then ate a chilli cheese burger, with chips. I had a chicken burger. It consisted of two, battered, chicken fillets, so I split one of them between the children and gave them half of my chips. I could not finish the chips and I left the bun. Ben ate all of his.

We then sang happy birthday and Ben cut the cake. Ben ordered an ice cream sundae, and ate 4 pieces of cake with it. He then ordered ANOTHER ice cream sundae and ate ANOTHER FOUR pieces of cake with that one!!! All washed down with red bull (3 of them...after 2 cans of monster on the journey).

We didn't eat anything else after all this... thankfully. We got home and I did 45 minutes of ashtanga yoga, followed by a 15 minute head stand and a lovely hot bath to finish the day...


Ben just had the hot bath...and skipped the yoga. 

No comments:

Post a Comment